Help me test my latest mod under development; sNews polls, with Ajax
Thus far I think I've completed a nice looking front-end, seen here. This is a "ground up" script, meaning I've written everything from scratch on this one, there has been no shoe-horning/cramming/stuffing exiting code into sNews.
For that reason, I will probably need a considerable amount of time to get the admin section working in sNews. I would like you to test these polls and let me know if you encounter anything kludgey.
Again, this is only the front-end, while I'm writing the admin section, please help me test, vote, leave me a comment and let me know if it worked as expected, what browser & OS you're using, etc. Especially let me know if it doesn't work as expected. Remember, I can only make a mod as good as the feedback I receive, I can't fix problems that I'm not aware of. :)
OK, with all the begging and pleading out of the way, here is a list of the currently implemented features;
- Each poll is unique, and you can add as many polls to a page or article as you like.
- Polls can be placed into articles, pages "extras", or hard-coded into your index.php page.
- Polls prevent multiple voting by both IP check, as well as cookies.
- Poll styling can easily be controlled by a separate stylesheet. The bars are drawn with percentages and will always expand accordingly.
- Does not require jQuery, while I love jQuery personally, I'm aware that many people are apprehensive about adding the large-ish libraries to their sites.
Again, this is only for testing at this point, please don't ask me when it will be completed, because the answer is always "when it's ready" :)