Effective December 10th, 2012
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.mdj.us. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- Our external link policy.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to enter your name, website url, and email address more than once for our comment forms, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Distribution of Information
We do not share your personally identifiable information to any third party for marketing purposes. However, we may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- required by law
- trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions
- investigating fraud which has already taken place.
Third party tracking & advertisements:
- We DO use any third-party advertising companies (currently Google Adsense) on select pages, to serve ads when you visit our website.
- Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the ads preference manager.
- You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy:
We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 13. In addition, no part of our site is designed with the purpose of attracting any person under age 13.
Your Access to and Control Over Information:
We currently offer email subscriptions, via opt-in through Feedburner, you should have the option to unsubscribe from any email subscription within each email. However if you have difficulty, you may opt out by contacting us via the contact form.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.